Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tej and Kitfo

For me, Ethiopia was all about the honey wine ("tej") and raw beef ("kitfo"). Yum. I'm sure I now have 1000's of parasitic worms winding their way thru my intestines, but it was worth it.

Two pics this time: the first one is of these jaw-droppingly attractive dancers at this great restaurant where I ate tons of the aforementioned kitfo. And also rather too much tej, with unfortunate consequences.



The 2nd pic is of a brand of biscuit in Addis. (Andrew this photo is for you. I bought another pack of these after eating the first one, and I'll mail it to you when I get home. They're surprisingly tasty.)

1 comment:

JoJoJangJang said...

You should come back to philly some time for ethiopian food - i had no idea you liked kitfo. They have excellent kitfo here.