Sunday, October 14, 2007

Leaving...on a jet plane...

Well folks, it's over. I'm getting a plane tomorrow for SF.


Just 16690 km to SF from this spot! This photo was taken in the "Waterfront" of Cape Town - an area that bears more than a passing resemblance to San Francisco's Embarcadero, Fisherman's Wharf, and Pier 39.

In a way, being in Cape Town makes me feel like I'm home already, because so many things are the same: the shifting sun/wind/rain weather patterns, the tourists/touristy areas, the beaches, the surfers, the presence of a former prison island just off the coast (Nelson Mandela was a guest in the one here), the high cost of living, the excellent seafood, the tolerant and ecumenical atmosphere, the good museums/planetarium/aquariums, the high-priced malls and fashionista shops, the mountainy topography...

Anyway, I could go on and on. If SF and Cape Town aren't already sister cities, they probably should be.

~~~

Coming up next time for my final blog post: reflections on my trip as a whole. I know, I know - you're all breathless with anticipation. But hey. This is like my diary, so if I wanna reflect, I'll reflect...

No comments: