Saturday, September 1, 2007

Tanzania

Tried to sweet-talk the immigration lady in Dar Es Salaam into waiving my $50 Tanzania visa entry fee. No dice. I even tried using my pathetic 5 words of Swahili, which got the withering glance it deserved.



Ah well, at least this is where I'm headed:



Coconuts, white sand, warm water... I plan on heaving my pale, bloated body onto a lawn chair and not moving until someone comes and scrapes me off. Hmm, perhaps that someone will also come fan me with an oversized palm frond as I (without any sense of irony or self-awareness) listen to dire NPR podcasts about globalization, politics, poverty, etc etc.*

*The usual plethora of left-wing-but-totally-credible-and-important-anyway pieces of information about 1) current events and 2) how Shrub is ruining literally everything.

No comments: