Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What a rush!

Vic Falls is an expensive, adrenaline activity-filled tourist mecca. So, I partook.

Here's me bungee jumping.


I have to say, bungee jumping is FUN. The moment right before takeoff, I experienced this ever-so-brief moment of Zen. Of course, it was followed by a somewhat longer moment of sheer terror as I plunged towards the river 100 meters below. Observers say I said something like this:

Me: MmmmmwwaaaaaAAAaaaAAAaaggghhhhhhhhaaaaAAA!

Me: *running out of air, gasp, inhale sharply*

Me: MmmmaaaAAaaAaggggaahhhaaAAa...

Also, I also did this thing called riverboarding. It's where they send you down the Zambezi Rapids with naught but a floaty foam board for protection. It was both fun and terrifying to feel the river throw me around like a rag doll, hold my head underwater like a bully, and slap me in the face with wave after wave as I valiantly tried to follow the guide's instructions to swim faster, kick harder, etc etc. I'd have to say that it was fun, even though I swallowed a gallon of river water and thought I was going to drown once or thrice...

No comments: